Ladakh is a land like no other. Bounded by two of the world’s mightiest mountain ranges, the Great Himalaya and the Karakoram, it is a high-altitude desert located at the western edge of the Tibetan plateau. Its awe-inspiring landscape has been modified and sculpted into its spectacular shape by wind and water over the millennia. The moon-like scenery is extraordinary: stark and barren but interspersed with isolated settlements of green oases full of swaying poplar trees, apricot orchards and cultivated farmland. Despite the rugged terrain and high altitude, the people of Ladakh exhibit a natural joie de vivre and their customs and lifestyle are a continuum from the past; these friendly and gentle people will all contribute to make your visit to this stunning area both fascinating and memorable. The vibrancy and colour of their cultural traditions can be seen in the many local festivals that take place all through the summer. Whatever you do here you can be sure of an extremely unforgettable unbeatable experience in one of the most mind-blowingly beautiful places on earth. Ladakh’s rich Buddhist heritage is on display during the annual monastic festivals at the numerous Gompas that dominate the area. Perched high up in the mountain ridges, these enchanting medieval monasteries, surrounded by fluttering prayer flags, are still places of active worship and hold treasure troves of superb artifacts, images and ancient frescoes.
Arrival in Leh
Early morning flight to Leh. Upon arrival at Leh our representative would assist you at the Airport and transfer to Hotel. Rest of the day for rest and for acclimatization as you will land directly on a high altitude of approximately 3500m. Later in the afternoon a walk around Leh town includes a visit to the Market. This walk shall help us in a getting acclimatized at this height. Overnight at Hotel The Mogol with dinner and breakfast.
A relaxed day in Leh town after the long journey. Leh, the capital city of Ladakh is a historical transit point for caravans of the bygone Silk Route, and still looks and feels like a trading post of the ancient past. It is an imminently accessible and fascinating locale, featuring two notable monasteries, a palace, a mosque, and countless narrow, crooked alleyways beckoning the curious visitor. To stroll through Leh, taking in its sights, sounds, and a pleasantly-manageable population of just 10,000, is to experience what writer Andrew Harvey called “the peaceful life.”The town is still dominated by the now ruined Leh Palace, former home of Ladakh’s royal family. It also plays host to a cultural dance show every evening. Can visit Leh palace, Shanti stupa. We take bikes and do local sightseeing. Overnight at Hotel The Mogol with dinner and breakfast.
(Distance: 37km / 90km / 90km –217km; Travel Time: 6 7hrs; Elevation: Khardung La –5,602m/18,380ft)
Starting early, we cross Khardung La, known as the world’s highest motor able passes, then deep into the Nubra Valley to the sand dunes at Hunder and further on to Turtuk crossing Siachen’s air base Thoise airport . Overnight at deluxe camp Turtuk Holiday with dinner and breakfast.
The highlight of this trip, the remote village of Turtuk, which was once a part of Baltistan, is open to travelers. Besides the amazing scenery, there is an ancient fort and a monastery, springs with healing properties. The area boasts of rare wildlife: marmots, ibex and the elusive snow leopard. We spend the day exploring the area and stay at the Turtuk Holiday Camp, a brand new property surrounded by Apricot orchards. You can see Pakistan and Karakorum Range from this village. Before 1971 this village was in Pakistan. Also Mount K2 top the second highest peak in the world can be seen from this village. Overnight at deluxe camp Turtuk Holiday with all meals at camp included and a local guide for village tour.
Turtuk - Diskit - Leh
(Distance: 98km / 119km –217km, Travel Time: 5 6hrs; Elevation: KhardungLa–5,602m/18,380ft, Leh –3,505m/11,500ft)
Heading back over the Khardung La we drive back to Leh. En route we stop at the Diskit Gompa dating back to the 14th century on silk route. Overnight at Hotel The Mogol with dinner and breakfast.
Leh - Changla - Pangong Tso
(Distance: 78km / 82km –160km, Travel Time: 6 7 hrs; Elevation: Chang La –5,425m/17,800ft, Pangong–4,250m/13,943ft)
Ride to Pangong Tso–a high altitude lake in the Ladakh Himalayas. It is 134 km long and extends from India to Tibet. Two thirds of the length of this lake lies in Tibet. The lake is 5 km (3 mi) wide at its broadest point. The road to Pangong Tso traverses the Chang La, over 5000m high. Overnight at Pangong Resort camp with dinner and breakfast.
Pangong Tso - Chang La - Leh
(Distance: 82km/78km –160km, Travel Time: 5 6 hrs)
After spending the morning at the shores of the beautiful Pangong, we drive back to Leh. Overnight at Hotel The Mogol with breakfast and dinner.
Leh – Fly Out
(By Air, Travel Time: 1hr15mins)
Transfer to the airport to catch the early morning flight back to New Delhi.
Amenities includes according to the tour
- Accommodation on twin sharing Hotels and deluxe camps as mentioned.
- Meals inclusion as specified in the itinerary.
- A back up vehicle (pick up jeep) and one experienced mechanic from day 3 till the the 7th day .
- Royal Enfeild 500cc bikes from day.
- Local guide in Turtuk village.
- Airport pickup and drop in Leh.
- one dedicated trip leader.
Amenities excludes according to the tour
- Any Airfare
- Expenses of personal nature like laundry, telephone/fax calls, alcoholic beverages, camera/video camera fee at monuments, medical expenses, gratuities etc.
- Any Insurance
- Any expenses incurred due to delays owing to Force Majeure conditions or unforeseen circumstances
- Any other services not mentioned in the inclusions.
Payments and cancellations
- A minimum 50% of total on confirmation.
- 2 months before departure –No Charge
- 29‐60 days before departure‐25% of total
- 10‐28 days before departure‐50% of total
- Less than 10 days before departure‐No Refund
What to Do and Don’t on the Trip
- On Arrival please rest for 24 Hours, as you are travelling to High Altitude and would need time to acclimatize.
- Have plenty of drinking water or any kind of liquid (except alcohol).
- While visiting any Gompa, Please take a Lamas Permission for Photo or Video Shoot.
- Please wear proper clothing while visiting Gompas.
- For Females: No Open Hair, Short Skirts or any Short Dresses allowed at Gompa.
- For Males: No Short Pants or Sleeveless allowed at Gompa.
- Please follow Gompa Rules while visiting.
- D Cold –Illness / Combiflam–Body Pain.
- Vicks Balm.
- Diamox(250mg) –For High Altitude / High Pressure.
- Personal Medicines if any.
- GluconD / Electralpowder & Camphor.
- Dependel M
- Vicks inhaler
Essential Stuff that you might need.
- T-SHIRTS (preferably dry-fits)
- TRACK LOWERS
- THERMAL INNERS (Upper & Lower)
- SWEAT SHIRT
- SUN CAP & BALACLAVA
- EXTRA BATTERIES
- SUNSCREEN, minimum 50spf
- SUN GLASSES
- DOWN JACKET
- PERSONAL MEDICATION –if any
- PEN KNIFE
- SOCKS (min.5 pairs) –Cotton & Woollen